AstaFactor Astaxanthin SupplementRegular price $19.95
AstaFactor was developed in 2000 when a group of researchers and scientists studied its strong antioxidant properties for farmed salmon at our Kona Salt farm. Their extensive research uncovered the health benefits to humans and lead to the first ever astaxanthin supplement developed for human benefit, AstaFactor.
Studies show that astaxanthin, the active ingredient in AstaFactor, has up to 500 times more antioxidant activity than vitamin E and 10 times more than beta-carotene. Research also indicates that astaxanthin may be up to 10 times more effective than other carotenoids such as canthaxanthin, lutein, lycopene, and zeaxanthin.
Recommended dosage is 12mg (2 softgels) per day.
Studies suggest that Astaxanthin provides the following health benefits:
- Promotes Joint Health - Studies suggest that natural Astaxanthin may inhibit inflammation associated with sore muscles and stiff joints. ANTI-AGING Research suggests that astaxanthin may benefit cognition, joints and various parts of the body that commonly deteriorate when getting older.
- Boosts Immune System - On-going astaxanthin studies suggest that astaxanthin exhibits potent anti-inflammatory and immune regulating capabilities and may improve the improve the activity of immune cells, such as T cells and natural killer cells, which play a key role in the body's immune response.
- Workout Recovery -Astaxanthin may help to reduce inflammation and oxidative stress in the body, which can occur as a result of exercise. This can help to reduce muscle soreness and fatigue and may help to improve the recovery process after exercise. In addition, astaxanthin may help to improve muscle strength and endurance, which can be beneficial for athletes and active individuals. It is thought that astaxanthin may help to improve the oxygen-carrying capacity of the blood, which can help to increase endurance and reduce fatigue during exercise.
- Brain Function - Studies suggest that Astaxanthin may support cognitive function cluding memory, attention, and reaction time. Because of its ability to cross the blood brain barrier making it available to the central nervous system including the eyes and brain. It may also have a protective effect on brain cells and may help to reduce the risk of brain damage caused by inflammation and oxidative stress. Astaxanthin may also have a positive effect on mood and may help to reduce stress and anxiety. It is thought that astaxanthin may help to improve the communication between brain cells and may also increase the production of certain neurotransmitters, such as serotonin, which are involved in mood regulation.
- Skin Health - Astaxanthin may help to protect the skin from damage caused by UV radiation, pollution, and other environmental factors. It is thought that astaxanthin may help to reduce inflammation in the skin and may also have a protective effect on the skin's collagen and elastin, which are proteins that help to maintain the skin's structure and elasticity. In addition, astaxanthin may help to improve the appearance of the skin by reducing the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, and age spots. It may also help to improve skin hydration and elasticity, which can help to give the skin a more youthful appearance.