TOUR THE ONLY SALT FARM ON HAWAII ISLAND
Featured on Guy Fieri's new series: "Guy Hawaiian Style" we are located on 7 acres of oceanfront space on Kona Keahole Point and hand harvest Hawaiian Salt from pristine deep ocean waters, 2,200 feet below the surface of the Kona Sea. You will learn about the salt harvesting process and the different kinds of salt variations, how deep seawater is different from surface water, the significance of salt in Hawaiian culture and a brief historical overview of the ancient Hawaiian settlement Ho’ona. Lastly, you will get a chance to taste some of our Kona Pure and Flavored Salts.
HISTORY & CULTURE
• Brief overview and history of our site and of The Hawaii Ocean Science and Technology Park
• Historical and cultural significance of our farm location
• Why our location is so important to the quality of our salt
• What makes deep ocean water different, and how our salt differs from others
SALT MAKING PROCESS & TASTING
• Salt Production and variables
• Salt harvesting process: dehydration, harvest, draining of Deep Ocean Minerals and uses for that product, resting time
• Overview of different types of salt
• Complimentary salt tasting including our pure, flavored and smoked salts with fruits and vegetables
Deep Ocean Foot Soak
Join us for a refreshing 20 minute Deep Ocean Cold Water Foot Soak in our ocean view Cabana. Located on the Hawaii Ocean Science & Technology Park, we access running Deep Ocean Water that is rich in Magnesium. Cold Water Foot Soaks are refreshing, relaxing, ease pain and swelling and are great for workout recovery.