- 1 (3 1/2-pound) whole chicken, we prefer to use locally sourced chicken
- 2 ½ teaspoons of our Lemon Rosemary Hawaiian Sea Salt
- Olive oil
- One lemon cut into slices
- Three rosemary stems
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- Brush the chicken with olive oil and season it inside and out with our Lemon Zest and Rosemary Hawaiian Sea Salt and pepper.
- Heat oven to 450 degrees. Place chicken breast-side up in a roasting pan or large ovenproof skillet. Place the lemon slices and the rosemary stems around the chicken
- Roast 50 minutes, then baste chicken with pan juices. Continue roasting until chicken's juices run clear when skin is pierced with a knife, 5 to 10 minutes longer. Let stand 10 minutes before carving.