Our fresh Hawaiian Chili Pepper Salt with Roasted Garlic adds a little extra flavor to this classic.
- 10 large eggs, preferably organic
- ¼ teaspoon Hawaiian Chili Pepper Salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup loosely packed chopped fresh herbs
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- Using a fork, beat the eggs, Hawaiian Chili Pepper Salt and pepper in a bowl until thoroughly mixed. Stir in the herbs.
- Heat half the oil and butter in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over high heat. When the oil and butter are hot, add half the egg mixture. Stir continuously with a fork, shaking the pan, for about 2 minutes to create the smallest-possible curds. When most of the egg is solid, cook it without stirring for 10 seconds to create a thin skin on the underside.
- Roll the omelet by folding over one side and then the opposite site, and invert it onto a plate. Repeat with the remaining ingredients to make a second omelet. Cut each omelet in half.